Saving the Common Milkweed

With few native wildflowers blooming when we moved in, I was determined to save a small patch of common milkweed. We surrounded the patch with some big plastic cylinders left by the previous owner, and the contractors… rolled the tubes out of the way and flattened the milkweed patch.

Common Milkweed patch, with caution tape

We added the caution tape, which seemed to be more effective. The granite blocks are propping up the plants flattened by the tubes. Oh well, they survived!

Common Milkweed, Asclepias syriaca

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *